Oct 14, 2009

Epicurean Dilemma

I came, I saw, I fainted!
Editing a whopping 1000 recipes is no joke. The number itself raised my blood pressure to alarming levels; the recipes are working their way into my system like a slow poison. Being a die-hard foodie, I thought this project would be fun. This can easily prove the fact that 1st impressions DO NOT last too long. Three months have passed by, and the cookbook hangs over my head like a death knell. I begin my day with the cookbook, and end it with the cookbook. If that isn't enough, the book has now become an integral part of my nightmares. I cringe at the sight of Indian food, which is a major dilemma, considering the fact that Indian cuisine happens to be my daily fare.
I often wonder how my life would have been without the cookbook. My work hours would have been greatly reduced, I wouldn't look like I stepped straight out of a zombie movie and my dreams would have been comparatively more peaceful. And yet, I do know for a fact that once I bid adieu to the cookbook, I am going to miss it. The madness in my life will cease to exist. Not for too long, though. I am sure another monster is looming somewhere beyond the horizon, awaiting to keep the madness alive.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe...this is The Dungeon remember? Monsters loom everywhere - especially in the glass-walled cabins :)

    ReplyDelete