Oct 16, 2009

The festival of lights!

Diwali is one of the most popular holidays in India and my office seems to be celebrating with a unique combination of festivity and work-pressure. I walked in early today, to find the entire place lit up with colorful lanterns and festoon decorating the entrance of my most favored prison, and felt a sense of happiness descend over me.
It's amazing how festivals can lift the trouble off your shoulders and gift you with a sense of tranquility. I woke up this morning realizing I had to achieve the impossible by finishing an enormous pile of work before I take off on a much needed holiday, and yet, the minute I saw the decorations at work, the dreaded pile didn't matter to me anymore. Work can take a back seat today, the spirit of happiness cannot give way to the nerve-wracking stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment